Friday, November 18, 2005

I love the Market


I have been a busy lady! I can't even keep up with daily blogging due to all the things I need to do for the upcoming holiday season! I got a fantastic package the other day from Debbie. There were tons of goodies in there including THREE PAINTINGS!!!! I took pictures of them up in my apartment but I keep forgetting to bring my camera down to work. She has a shop you can access from her site to see more of her work. Really cute and very under priced in my opinion. I got another package yesterday from my BF, Lisa. She sent me a birthday package of two books I have been wanting. One was Alter Knits- the new hip knitting book. The other was the new book by Zadie Smith called On Beauty. I can't wait to read it. I got to finish Me Talk Pretty One Day first. I do miss reading a novel so I can't wait. I always seem to read short stories these days but with the upcoming holidays maybe I can actually finish a book!
This morning I went down to Pikes Place Market before work. I have to say that the place is so much more enjoyable in the winter only because you don't need to fight all the tourist traffic. I really love it there and always manage to find a new gem each time I explore. Today I went to this flea market type thing inside the market. Ted, a Schmancy regular, always goes there and finds the best stuff for super cheap. I have decided to try and check it out on a more regular basis. I wish I had my camera today because I found the best purse. Eight purses in one. It's so cool. I'll take a picture and put it up soon. It was a score and for only $15! I think I will try to spice up a few of the plain ones more but I love it. I also went to this Mexican market that for some stupid reason I have never been to before. I got a Gordita for $2.35 and they have yummy Tamales for $1.50. I could go on but I won't. Must work more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words! I really enjoyed putting the package together for you. I would doodle something up for you anytime!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home